Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cabin Fever

This is an email I sent to my friend who wants to come see Emma. After reading it back to myself, I realized how much my life has changed now that I have a baby. I stay home every night! I copied and pasted this from the email:





Listen, this is my schedule.

Monday: I’m free til 9:00 pm when Intervention starts. Technically it’s a re-run but I watch it anyways until 10 when the new episode airs.

Tuesday: Free til 7pm when American Idol comes on. However, I’m fresh out of shows after that so my schedule opens up at approximately 8pm.

Wednesday: American Idol is on again at 7. I’M BUSY FROM 8-9PM. No shirt, no shoes, no business. Lost is on at that time and as you may have heard, there is no talking during Lost. The only time there can be talking is at Lost Appropriate Talking Times like during music montage or commercials. There are no other Lost Appropriate Talking Times. Actually, there are no Lost Appropriate Talking Times period. And there are no cell phones allowed. After that, I have to decompress for a few moments. Around 9:30pm I’m free again but only til 11pm when the new Real World is on. From 11-12 I hold my eyes open with tape or tooth picks, whichever is more readily available at the time. 12am on the dot: Sleepy time.

Thursday: Not so good for me. I’m double booked between 7 and 8 pm when Ugly Betty and Bones are on. I flip between channels during that hour. It gets a little messy. 8pm: Grey’s Anatomy. I pretty much pretend that this is my other life and these people are my friends. I free up at 9. America’s Best Dance Crew is on at 11 but that’s not pertinent.

Friday: There are no shows on Friday. I don’t know if it’s because I’m never home on Fridays or what. Maybe I watch movies??

Weekend: No shows.

So, that’s my schedule. I really can have visitors anytime but there is no talking during Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment