Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's happening...


I'm giving in to peer pressure and all the ridiculous hype. This is not like me at all... I can honestly say that I have never owned (and never will) any of those ridiculous pointy-toed shoes. Witch Walkers, I call them. I swear that those should be reserved for witches only! Witches would go nuts over those shoes!! They are down right HIDEOUS. Only wear them if you want your feet to look a minimum of three inches longer than they actually are or if you want to be the object of some poor witches obsession.

Anywho... Back to the task at hand, I'm going to read the damn Twilight series. I've been holding my own for quite a while now but I'm finding myself enthralled with the Twilight hoopla.. Teen sensations are not anything new to me. I often reminisce of many a sleepless night spent participating in what my friends and I called *NSYNC-Up-All-Night-Marathons. (Haley Ridd) I am proud to say that I am still a Britney fan. I waited and WAITED for her comeback and I was so happy that she did it! I knew she had it in her... I still listen to New Kids on the Block and Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation is a regular on my playlist. I'll always hold a candle for Michael Jackson, the true king of pop! He wrote Thriller, people... Thriller.

So now, it's on to something current for me.. The newest of the teen/tween sensations. I happened upon the trailer for New Moon while I was watching the MTV Movie Awards... It caught my eye, as did that Edward guy. I didn't think he was all that stunning in Harry Potter (that is the same kid, right?) but his charisma looked me right in the eye and stared me down hard on that awards show... So mostly, I'm reading the books in the anticipation of watching the heart throb in the movie. I'll be happy to say that I'll no longer be living in the 90's. I'll put the days of 3T, Jonathon Taylor Thomas and Andrew Keegan behind me and try on the Twilight Books.

Anyone want to share their opinions with me??

I'll post my reviews when I get to that point...

1 comment:

  1. YAY, I'm glad you jumped on the band wagon. I have read all the Twilight series, um lets just say a few times! But honestly, they are some of the best books I have ever read. Now if you decide to become a "Jacob fan" then you will be dis-owned...just FYI. Love Ya:P

    ReplyDelete