Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Haunted Wednesday

This is a true story.. It happened around mid January.

I was about to get out of bed and get ready for work. Emma came into my room and climbed in my bed with me. We were talking about bunnies and ducks when all of the sudden she got super quiet and just sat there. Staring straight ahead... Right at the closet.

Ok, I made that seem a lot scarier than it really was. I didn't suspect anything until she started talking again.

"Mommy.... Who's that?" Still staring at the closet.

"That's the closet, Lu."

"Mommy, he's scary!!" (Covering her eyes)

Now I'm like, WTH??

"Baby, that is just the closet......"

"MOMMY! He's scary!!" She cuddled up to me at this point and tucked her head into my chest.

Me: .... o_O

Emma looked back up at the closet again. This time she put her little fingers up to her eyes and slowly dragged them down her face. "He's sad, mommy. He's sad."

That was when I really got scared.

She looked back toward the closet again and said, "He's scary, mommy!"

I looked toward the closet and then back at my innocent little two year old. I shouted, "Tell him to get out!"

"GET OUT!!" She yelled.

Then we ran like the dickens.

That's how I handle scary situations with my child/future children. I'm a total wimp.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Time to buy some Ghost Buster action figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is SOOO creepy! I think I should come over and we should watch Psycho and eat Wendy's frosties and fries! haha;)

    ReplyDelete