Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This is what it has come to...

Everyone knows that I'm terrified of the dark.. I don't know why but I always have been. Yet for some reason, I can't stop myself from watching ghost shows!! I watch all of them; the one I'm addicted to now is Medium. I watch it every day because it's on Lifetime now, which is how I discover most of my favorite shows.

Anyways, ever since I started watching Medium I have developed this irrational fear that I might actually be a medium, or that I'm going to wake up and discover that I have become one over night. I wake up from every little sound and force myself to look around the room, in case there is a lonely soul there reaching out to me. I'm afraid that if there ever is anyone there, I will do what I do when I see Matt in the middle of the night and mistake him for a ghost, which is to make this horrible crying noise and throw the blanket over my head. And come on people, we all know that blankets are a magical barrier against anything even remotely scary.. You know that you've slept with your blanket pulled all the way up to your chin, sweating to death from fear, but you can't bring yourself to take the blanket off. Magical barrier. Problem solved.

Back to the story, I may be a medium.. Probably not because I think I would know by now but still... Last night I watched Medium and then I was too scared to turn the TV off so I watched Unwrapped, that show on Food Network about how they make treats. It was about salt water taffy and jellybeans. My dreams were about candy and ghosts. It was insanity!

If you think I'm crazy, I dare you to think about whether or not you could possibly be a medium tonight, when you're lying in your bed in the dark and it's quiet... Maybe, just maybe, someone will whisper your name. Maybe not but now you'll think about it and wonder, and probably be scared like me.

I can't wait to go home and watch Medium. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, this was great! I should read your blog regularly. I hope I dream about jellybeans tonight. But if a ghost appears, I'm covering myself with a magical blanket!!

    ReplyDelete